Coronavirus: Ministry concerned with people giving wrong phone numbers as cases reach 1214
Sunday, May 24th, 2020
- Health Chief Administrative Secretary Rashid Aman said many people are giving misleading contact details making it hard to reach them when their test results come out. Worse if the results come out positive.
The Health Ministry expressed concerns over people giving wrong phone numbers after submitting samples for coronavirus testing.
Health Chief Administrative Secretary Rashid Aman said many people are giving misleading contact details making it hard to reach them when their test results come out. Worse if the results come out positive.
"We have noticed a disturbing trend of individuals who provide wrong contacts & telephone numbers during targeting testing. Once the results are out, such individuals then become unavailable," said Mr. Rashid.
He said the problem was serious as people whose results had turned positive could not be reached, posing a risk to the healthy population.
Over the last few weeks, the Ministry has embarked on targeted mass testing in Eastleigh, Nairobi, and Old Town Mombasa to identify positive cases in the masses.
On Sunday, the CAS confirmed 22 more coronavirus cases, which brought the total number to 1214. There were three more recoveries, totaling to 383. The State has tested 59,260 samples so far, and recorded only 51 fatalities.
Breakdown in the new cases;
- Nairobi 10
- Mombasa 9
- Taita Taveta
The one fatality recorded was of a male patient aged 48 years old from Mathare. The Ministry sent condolences.
The Ministry said targeted mass testing will help to penetrate all areas where coronavirus is thought to be. Mr. Aman asked people not to feat the testing as the state is footing the bill for treatment.