COVID-19: Two die as total cases rise to 110
Kenya has recorded two more deaths as a result of coronavirus in the country, Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe announced on Thursday.
CS Kagwe said the deceased were undergoing treatment in Nairobi and Mombasa.
This brings to three people who have died of coronavirus in the country so far.
In the past 24 hours, the government tested 660 people out of which 29 turned positive for COVID-19.
Of the 29, 28 of them are Kenyans and one Congolese.
Sixteen of them are females and 13 males.
Kagwe said the 110 COVID-19 cases confirmed in Kenya were of patients aged between 16 and 64 years.
The CS, however, announced that Kilifi Deputy Governor Gideon Saburi has fully recovered.
"Kilifi Deputy Governor has fully recovered. He has been tested three times and he turned negative. However, he will have to be charged under the Public Health Act," Kagwe said.
The total number of recovered patients are now four.
The CS further encouraged people to stop unnecessary movements.
More to follow